Cogent is a market leader in providing Independent Cleaning Audits and Cleaning Compliance Management in Australia. We’ve undertaken a wide range of external cleaning audits, internal audit program reviews and compliance support activities for organisations in the Health, Aged Care, Education and Transport sectors.
We can tailor cleaning audits to meet your compliance requirements or needs – the audit could be based on State or National standards or on your cleaning contracts. We have a well-developed audit methodology and Cogent’s dedicated audit team is both experienced and qualified.
Our audit approach
We regard our audit approach as an integral part of the quality improvement cycle and effective corporate governance. All Cogent cleaning audit activities are tailored to meet the relevant industry standards or your contract requirements.
Our recommended approach falls into three phases:
Mobilisation and planning
This sets the goals, requirements and scope of the audit and includes:
- Initial meeting to discuss the audit approach and intent.
- Review of Cleaning Criteria in any relevant Standards and Contracts, and agree audit criteria.
- Set up CAS4 for the audit.
- Training/briefing the Cogent Audit Team on the audit scope, standards and requirements
- Book in date, date and location for audit(s).
The on-site audit
Once the approach and scope is agreed, our auditors attend and conduct the audits. Each area to be audited will be:
- visually inspected and/or wiped with a paper towel and assessed by the auditor, or
- visually inspected with a UV torch, to identify any relevant stains/ marks, or
- a combination of the above.
Pass/Fail/Not Applicable results for each element will be recorded in CAS4.
Reporting and outcomes
You will receive comprehensive reports after on-site audits have been completed. They will include a summary report as well as relevant site-specific reports.Reports are generated through our CAS4 system. Reports can include:
- Overall cleanliness assessment rating percentage
- An average score for each site type
- Identify potential areas for improvement relating to public perception
- General observations and comments
- Recommendations (if appropriate)
See example reports at CAS4 Reports.
Cogent’s Auditors are experienced and recognised as experts in their fields.
All Cogent auditors are qualified External Cleaning Auditors, have completed the QVCSA course and/or equivalent industry experience. All have undergone stringent practical, professional development and quality assurance training.
Our auditors have all had Police Check screening, hold a valid Victorian Working with Children card and have completed the Federal Government’s Infection Control Training for COVID-19.
Our auditors follow the Handbook for Victorian Cleaning Standards Auditors 2011 and the principles of AS/NZS ISO 19011:2018.